Friday, January 25, 2008

I Love Being Loved...


I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. As I mentioned in a previous post, he has been working a lot this month - for several reasons. It's so nice to have that option when you want it, and we are already seeing our plans come together! It's so exciting to have a life with the one I love - where we are on the same page and can support each other in order to see our dreams become realities. It's one of the most amazing feelings in the world. In the midst of his crazy schedule, he has not forgotten to make me feel loved and important. Although he is working for US, and I can see that, it's still nice to know that he hasn't forgotten about me :) So, with the few days he's had off this month, he has gone out of his way to make me feel special.
One night, he went to the grocery store and picked out what we were going to have for dinner. He came home, lit the candles, put on some music and set to work in the kitchen. I kept asking him what I could do to help, but he insisted that I just enjoy my time. (I did put the French Fries on the pan and put them in the oven :) ) He made the most AMAZING gourmet bleu-cheese stuffed burgers I have EVER had. We sat at the dining table in the candle-light with the music playing and enjoyed each other. It was so nice!
Then, last night, we got semi-dressed up and went to a lovely restaurant for dinner. Just the two of us. We had appetizers, dinner, and even a sinfully-delicious chocolate dessert. He opened the doors for me, and held my hand as we walked to and from the restaurant. (Not that he doesn't do that all the time, but it just made me feel so special that his every thought was focused on me and making me feel special.)
My wonderful hubby deserves to do whatever his heart desires on his few days off and the fact that he chose to spend them on me was so thoughtful. He is the best, and I am so fortunate to have him in my life. Thanks, my love, for being such a wonderful man! You are more than all of my dreams come true!!!!

No comments: