Tuesday, January 15, 2008

So Much to Do - So Little Time!

So here I am - all snuggled tight in my bed while my wonderful husband is at work. I was supposed to be there too, but found myself sitting in the doctor's office this morning. I got up and got ready for work, and quickly discovered that I was in no shape to go anywhere. So, I crawled back in bed and went to the doctor this morning. Hopefully I'll be on the upswing in no time at all.
In the meantime, it's giving me a chance to get caught up on the important things in life (i.e., blogging!) Where do I begin?! Well, I had the chance to visit my sister and her family this past weekend. It was a quick visit, but I held my little niece a LOT. We made her laugh, smile, talk, coo, spit. . .all the good things babies should be doing. I think she quickly learned that she won my heart over and a little whimper would ensure her Aunt Ellie would scoop her up and love on her. I didn't have time to meet up with any of my other SDF friends (and if you're one of those people, I am SO sorry!!) Time flew by. I am hoping to return soon and I PROMISE I'll make it up to you! Even though Katie is not my own biological child, I have a love for her that is simply indescribable. She is something else, that's for sure, and I did leave a little piece of my heart in SDF right on her little butterfly blanket! My sister is so gracious to have let me come for a few days to spoil her little one. I can't believe what a great dad and mom my brother-in-law and sister are. It was great to see them as parents! (The picture in my previous post is my absolute favorite one of my precious little niece. She's cute - AND she knows it!)
So, while I was on the east coast tending to matters there, my sister-in-law had quite an exciting weekend herself. Her boyfriend asked her to be his bride. (Of course, she said YES!!!) So, now, we are in the THICK of planning a wedding. It's so much fun to be able to be a part of it. She is so excited and has some great ideas. She is getting married in May, so they don't have TOO long to get things in order. It's going to be great, though. I just know it. It's fun to be able to help. Both my husband and I will be standing in the wedding, so that's really special. Congrats to my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law-to-be!
My parents are having an exciting month. First of all, my mom celebrated her birthday on the 10th - Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you SO SO much! BUT, the highlight of the year for both my dad and mom is the fact that they are building a new house and it's just about ready to be finished. I'm so excited for them. They have worked so hard their entire lives and now, they are seeing a dream become a reality.
My amazing husband has been working more than his fair share this month. He and I have defined some goals and dreams for our household and he is working SO very hard to make them all a reality. I'm so proud to be his wife. He makes me so happy - and through it all, he is still so thoughtful to me. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but he's amazing - and I realize that more and more with every single sunrise. Thank you, my lover! You truly are a gift from God to me.
So, for all the blessings in my life - "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries here...We are very busy ourselves. Hope to see you next time.

~SDF Friend

cndygrl2210 said...

love the new look for your blog! i so enjoy all your pics... thanks so much for all your help already... i'm so excited that you and luke are able to share in our exitement! Love you much!!!! candy :)

JLHesse said...

Wow, that was a happy post for being sick. Are you sure you aren't playing hooky?! :-) Just kidding. Hope you're on the mend soon. Glad you got to spend time with your sister & niece. There's something special about being an aunt. :-) Love you!