Saturday, October 13, 2007

Drum Roll Please. . .

Beer Bread
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
4 1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 (12oz.) can or bottle of beer (I used Newcastle)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan
In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed. You may need to mix dough with your hands. Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for about 50 mins., or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO yummy! I haven't made this particular recipe, but I have made a couple....one time I used Woodchuck as an experiment (it is hard cider if you didn't know), and it gave it a slight appley taste. I LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

Can you call me please. I have a question for you. :-)317-402-7234

Anonymous said...

can you call me again. :-)