Thursday, October 11, 2007

Beer. . .


I know. Beer is not good for you. Some people are opposed to its alcoholic content, others think it makes you fat. BUT, my honey and I were in GEG last week. A fellow flight attendant suggested that we check out a little restaurant in town called "Soulful Soups." I guess a lady opened the place and made several different soups each day to sell. It was a hit, and the restaurant had quite a few patrons while we were there. My choice for lunch was a meatball goulash. It was super-d-lish! Ok, so where does the beer come in? Well, served on the side, was a slice of light brown bread. It looked and smelled rather tempting. I hadn't quite caught what the server had said about it, so I questioned Luke. His response was, "It's Beer Bread." I had never heard of such a thing, so I bit in, and LOVED it. I got home and started in on some research to make a loaf of my own. Well, today was the day. I found recipe that sounded like it could have the same ingredients that I tasted in the slice I ate the other day. I'm rather proud of the final product. My hubby even liked it, so that's a bonus. So, tomorrow I'm going to try to come up with something to pair it with for a great fall meal. Maybe chili....maybe meatballs (I have a great recipe for those!) I can stick them in the crockpot and let them simmer all day long. Yummy! We'll see.
I broke down and purchased some fall decorations yesterday. It's just a centerpiece for the kitchen table, but I like it. It gives me some sort of feeling that fall is in the air. I'm thinking about maybe carving pumpkins this year, too. I haven't done that in YEARS and some friends of our mentioned it the other night, so we'll see! It might be fun!
Well, I'm sure I'll be back in a few days with more to share, but that's all for now. Have a great night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what in the world...you've never had bear bread until the other day!!

It is so yummy and usually really moist. Enjoy...share the recipe if it turns out good! MLE

josh said...

...and the recipe??

miss you guys - say hi to luke, and tell him I'm trading green.