Friday, September 28, 2007

From a Grateful Heart

God has blessed me with an amazing husband. I am so thankful that he is willing to listen to my needs - and the needs of our relationship - and is willing to make necessary adjustments in order to have the most God-honoring marriage possible. I hope all you married women (or those who are contemplating marriage) are in relationships with guys who make that a priority. I don't know what I would do or where I would be without the incredible husband God blessed me with.

We (well, my hubby) fixed our irrigation system yesterday. I was so proud of him. You see, the house we moved into is WONDERFUL, but the people who lived here before us were BIG do-it-yourself-ers. SO....that has given us plenty to keep us busy. Our biggest concern (one that a coat of paint wouldn't hide) was the grass in our backyard. Most of you allow the rain from above to sufficiently care for your lawn, but we have to take extra measures in our yard maintenance. We've been having different issues with the irrigation system ever since we moved in. Yesterday, though, my husband tackled the job of finding out what was really wrong and remedying the whole situation. Now, we have a watering system that works on a timer, so we won't be at risk of losing our beautiful yard if we are gone for days at a time. He's so good at just getting in there and figuring things out.

In an effort to put myself in a "fall-ish" mood, I bought some Apple Cider at the grocery store yesterday. No, I didn't put on my sweater and head outside to inhale the wonderful scent of wet, falling leaves, but I did enjoy a large glass of the semi-tart apple juice that should accompany any welcome to fall.

Other happenings at the "Poco Hacienda":
~ We've enjoyed a few home-cooked meals. As busy as we are, it's hard to make time to cook and clean up afterward. I've been working on making that more of a priority, and it's great fun!!!
~ We are exploring different options to complete the decorating process of our little place. I have found a piece for the entryway that I am looking forward to having...someday.
~ The man of our house has been ill - with a sinus infection, I think. He was able to have a few days off, and I THINK he's starting to feel better....he's napping even as I type.
~ Work has been good. A little bit quieter in this season between summer and Thanksgiving.
~ The worship department at my church is going through a trial. I haven't been here to get all of the information, but if you think of it, pray for us. I know that God will bring us through it all, and He'll be glorified through it all, but it's hard to understand in the midst of it.

We'll probably go to work tonight. We're just waiting to hear exactly when. I hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!!

PS - I love the auto-save feature on this website. I just deleted a bunch of this post by accident, and "Voila" it had been auto saved!!!!


No comments: