Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Learning New Things....

The past several days have brought on a plethora of exciting new things for me.
Here is just a sampling:

This book is rather life-changing, if I do say so myself. I purchased this book a few months ago in an effort to develop a health lifestyle as I approach my thirtieth birthday. I read the whole thing in a day, or so. It is a great concept - and one I have adopted, for the most part. Sometimes it's hard when I'm traveling, but I try to follow it as closely as possible. As I read some of the recipes he included, I was intrigued but skeptical. After sampling several of them over the past weeks, I have been won over and want to try them all. Not one recipe have I disliked, and the best part is my hubby has enjoyed them all, too! He said to me this evening after we ate, "I think that part of it is the satisfaction of knowing that I'm eating something that's good for me." That made me so happy to know that I am helping my household be healthy! I hope to continue this trend for years to come!!! He also commended me on my cooking abilities. It's nice to know that I'm learning how to be more creative and efficient in the kitchen!

This is my new favorite mode of transportation. My in-laws bought themselves a pair of these little scooters to use while commuting around town. They go between 45 and 55 mph and get 100 miles to the gallon. While visiting them a week or so ago, I had the chance to ride it, and I LOVED it. I had never been on a motorcycle or scooter before, so learning how to ride this was fun. By the end of the evening, my hubby and I were riding all over town, and even took it to the local Wal-Mart. Hopefully, sometime in the future, I will be able to own one for running errands around town. It's cute and VERY economical.

This is my new favorite sport. . .racquetball. My hubby had the suggestion that we play tennis yesterday, but it was SO hot. So, instead, I suggested we give racquetball a shot. Although MUCH different than tennis, it gave us the opportunity to play in an air conditioned building. So, we headed to the gym to give it a try. I LOVE IT! I'm totally sold and am looking forward to playing quite frequently. It gives me a great aerobic workout, and my muscles are feeling it. I really enjoy such activities that give me a workout, and are fun at the same time. I caught on pretty quickly, too. I played a LITTLE bit in high school, but not enough to be experienced at it. It's a rather easy game to learn. Both my hubby and I are glad we discovered it.

Well, I'm off to bed. My alarm is set for 2:30am. I have to report for my trip at 5:45am, so I'll have to leave the house by 3:30am. I'll be overnighting in MSY and SEA. My lover is coming with me, and we hope to meet up with a friend in SEA. We'll be home VERY early on Saturday, so we'll be able to enjoy the weekend. I am rather anxious, though. My sister is in her final weeks of pregnancy and I can't wait for my niece to get here. Anytime now will be ok for me....it's the waiting that's so hard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that books sounds like it might be similar to Sugar Busters....

Michael said...

Hey Cindy! thanks for hitting me up. Life has been great for me. As I can see it has been for you as well. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, but at the same time, like you said, she's not suffering now. Well, just keep me in your prayers, I have to make some BIG DECISIONS fairly soon about the next move. I applied for a "Marketing Manager" position at SWA in Baltimore, MD, haven't heard anything yet but wouldn't that be nuts? lol

Michael said...

HEY! Wow, i guess I never even thought of that! What's your email address? I applied a couple weeks ago but I think the job just closed or may even still be open. it was for marketing manager in BWI. I also applied for a Ramp Supervisor spot but I don't necessarily think I want that one lol. My email addy is michael.dorsey@dorseyenterprises.net

Anonymous said...

Racquetball....I could never catch on. I'm not that coordinated...but it was fun the couple times I tried. :-) Send me some of your recipes please!! Love new, healthy ideas!