
BE QUIET PLEASE!!!!!! That's what I feel like yelling - in the plane, in the mall, in my head. It seems, lately that I am hearing all sorts of "noise" in my life, and to be honest, I'd like it to stop.
I think that sometimes Satan opens the floodgates of noise and distraction to take our minds off what we really should be listening to. I've been doing battle with myself late regarding several different issues and I feel like I'm getting input from several sources, but not necessarily the best ones. I just want to know what God has to say, and I don't really care about anything else. I want to speak with wisdom and discernment as I approach the issues at hand, but that is SO hard. I keep asking the Lord to speak to me, but how do I know what is Him and what is the "distraction" that can sound so appealing? Faith and trust. Faith as small as a mustard seed is all it takes to know that God is in control. But, I want something TANGIBLE...a way to know that I'm heading in the right direction; a way to discern what would be God, and what would be something else.
I think that sometimes Satan opens the floodgates of noise and distraction to take our minds off what we really should be listening to. I've been doing battle with myself late regarding several different issues and I feel like I'm getting input from several sources, but not necessarily the best ones. I just want to know what God has to say, and I don't really care about anything else. I want to speak with wisdom and discernment as I approach the issues at hand, but that is SO hard. I keep asking the Lord to speak to me, but how do I know what is Him and what is the "distraction" that can sound so appealing? Faith and trust. Faith as small as a mustard seed is all it takes to know that God is in control. But, I want something TANGIBLE...a way to know that I'm heading in the right direction; a way to discern what would be God, and what would be something else.
So, last night was choir rehearsal. I have to work on Sunday, so I won't be there, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE singing and spending time worshiping in that way, so I decided to go. There is just something about it that fulfills my soul. And, it was there that I found my answer. A piece of scripture to cling to - a way to know for SURE that God is speaking to me. It's in I Kings 19. Elijah is running for his life. He finds a temporary refuge. The LORD tells him, "'Go stand in front of me on the mountain, and I will pass by you.' Then a very strong wind blew until it caused the mountains to fall apart and large rocks to break in front of the LORD. But the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind, there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake, there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. After the fire, there was a quiet gentle sound."
How refreshing is that? It's encouraging to know that God IS there. He's in the quietness, not the craziness.
How refreshing is that? It's encouraging to know that God IS there. He's in the quietness, not the craziness.
No comments:
Post a Comment