Friday, July 13, 2007

Happiness...

I am happy.
God has blessed me so abundantly. How could I be anything less than absolutely overwhelmed by His goodness?!
My hubby returned from his fishing trip - and did bring with him food for our freezer. Yummy. I'm looking forward to trying it.

One of my favorite times of day is the early, early morning. I get up around 6am to water our lawn (it SHOULD be on a timer, but our timer isn't working at the present time). I don't mind getting up. It's still quiet in the neighborhood and sometimes (like this morning) the sun isn't even out yet. Living where we do, it's nice to have cloud cover every once in a while. So, anyway, I get up, turn on the water and head to the back yard for ten minutes while the grass gets a drink for the day. I love smelling the wet grass and the light breeze. The birds always know when the water is on and come over for some play time. They like to fly just high enough to feel the mist on their bellies - it's humorous to watch.
We also have a horny toad that lives in our backyard. He's not very scared of us, and he's fun to watch. After I water the lawn, he likes to go out into the middle of the yard and sun himself. He's a cutie, that's for sure.

Last night, we were able to spend time with two of our best friends. As always, it was a ton of fun. It's nice to have friends that you can just be yourself around. It's so refreshing to enjoy the company of a good friend, or two.

I suppose we'll have to go to work at some point today, but there is a feeling - better than any other - when you are home with the one you love, enjoying the blessings of every day life.
Be blessed!!!

1 comment:

JLHesse said...

Great post. I'm happy to know you're happy. :-) Enjoy your day!