Thursday, July 19, 2007

ATTN Passengers....

Please make sure you check around your seat and take ALL your belongings as you exit the plane. . .
INCLUDING YOUR BABY'S DIRTY DIAPERS
Ok, folks. Yes, I am a flight attendant for SWA, and yes, we clean the plane in between flights - BUT I don't recall saying it was ok for anyone to place their dirty diapers under a pillow and leave it there for someone else to take care of. Regardless of what I said, that's exactly what happened.
So, all you parents out there - Don't do that, PLEASE! I beg you to just ask for a garbage bag (we have plenty onboard!)
Things you don't want to hear coming from the Flight Deck:
1. "Umm. . .my water just broke!"
Ok, so it's not as dramatic as it sounds. The FO I was flying with asked for a can of water and when he tried to open it, the tab broke off. But, it was funny to hear him say that. Hopefully, I won't have a pregnant pilot voice those words.

AND, one final word of advice as I wrap up the review of my most recent trip.
If your plane is running 5 minutes behind schedule, don't assume (or even ASK, for that matter) that your alcoholic beverage is going to be complimentary.
Here is the Captain's solution for such a delay:

Passenger: Are we going to get free drinks on the plane - we're late
Flight Attendant: I know we're five minutes delayed. No, I can't give you a free drink, but I CAN give you a luggage tag, or a pair of wings, or a coloring book. Which would you prefer?
Oh, we're 30 minutes late? No free drinks, but I'd be happy to give you a pen with a compass on it.
Yes, I understand we're an hour late. Let me make it up to you by giving you this lovely deck of playing cards. And, oh, by the way, your cocktail will be $4 please."

Sounds like a good solution to me :)

Now, I'm home with my lover......make it a great day here or wherever your travels take you!

One more thing....my dearest friend in SDF is another year older!!!! I love you, Londi!!! The happiest of Happy Birthday's to you!!!!!!!!

No comments: