Great is Your faithfulness!
You never change, You never fail, O God!
True are Your promises!
You never change, You never fail, O God!
So we raise up holy hands
to praise the Holy One
Who was, and is, and is to come....!!!!!!
Have you ever had a moment where, in the most unlikely place, you find yourself truly worshiping your Lord and Savior?? Yeah, a little "weird" maybe and most likely uncomfortable, but in a strange way, one of the most comforting times you've ever known. . .
Yesterday, my hubby went off to work and mentioned that it would be nice if I could hop on a plane and meet him for his overnight. The more I thought about it, the better the idea sounded, so I made the proper arrangements and headed off to LAS to meet up with him. We shared a wonderful afternoon and evening. . .a great time of talking, laughing, snuggling. It was just great. He had to report early this morning, so I decided that I would just head to the airport as well and catch the first ride back to TUS.
So, I arrived a little early and made it to the gate. I "plugged in" to my iPod while I waited and the song "Unchanging" by Chris Tomlin (lyrics printed above) started to play. I listened intently. I have played this song a gazillion times before, but for some reason this morning, this song took me to a place of worship that I have not been to before. And, YES, I was sitting in the LAS airport. . .all around me, the sound of slot machines, and the hustle and bustle of people vied for attention, but it all faded away, and sitting there, watching the sunrise, I found myself in a true state of worship. It was a very awesome, very moving experience. Our God is so awesome. I think it's amazing that He can use times and circumstances when we are unsuspecting to grab our attention and focus us on Him. I kind of picture it as Him grabbing my face in His hands and saying, "Look at me!" Maybe that's what it takes sometimes. We go on about our busyness (yes BUSYness) and think that we can squeeze Him in here and make a second for Him there, but maybe sometimes He wants our full attention. . .NOW. I am so grateful that I am a child of such a loving, such an awesome God.
No comments:
Post a Comment