Call me crazy, but I miss my husband. Oh, I know he's only been gone for three days - and some of you have to go months on end without seeing your lovers, but three days is long enough for me. I'll be excited for him to walk through the door tomorrow!
I was in a funny mood on my trip last week. Don't know why, really, but my only slightly sarcastic side came out to visit the passengers. They loved it, though. Maybe she should visit more frequently. . .ok, maybe not. I did have one funny passenger, though. He sat in the front row, and started right in. . .
"Ok, you're in a room with three light switches. One of them controls the light in the windowless building across the parking lot. You must turn on the light in the windowless building and can only enter the windowless building once. How do you figure out which switch it is?" Ok, I have nothing else to do (like serve cokes and peanuts, so let me think about that for the entire flight....
He did come in handy, though. The passenger next to him was a young mother with a VERY VERY fussy baby. He was screaming at the top of his lungs. So the guy took the baby and played with him the entire flight. The baby was happy, the mom slept and I didn't have to babysit. Sweet!
There was a little girl on that flight as well (she wasn't more than 18 months old). She and her parents were staying on the plane when we landed and were going to continue on with us to our next stop. She stood on her mom's lap and said (with her pacifier in her mouth) "Goodbye" to every single passenger who deplaned. I guess there's no such thing as job security anymore. It was really cute, though.
Ok. That's all for now. Two days in a row is a bit much, don't you think?
Oh, by the way. Turn on one switch. Leave it on for five minutes. Turn it off. Turn on another switch. Go to the windowless building. If the lightbulb is off and hot, it was the first switch. If it's off and cool, it's the switch you never turned on. If it's on, it's the one you just turned on. (But I'm sure you all already figured that out.......)
1 comment:
My friend's husband is a pilot for Chitaqua (sp?) and when he goes on 4 day trips she falls apart! It can be a hard industry to be in, but for those that do, I guess it's worth it! ;-) Jon has gone on week long business trips and I HATE them. Good for me Cummins has cut back on it's travel budget. ;-) Yeah!!! Enjoy your happy reunion together....without kids. They're sweet, but it's nice to just be alone too. One day you'll greet your husband at the door with a 2 year old wrapped around your ankle. Fun times!!
Post a Comment