I absolutely ADORE my husband, and here is just one reason why:
He is, at the exact right moments, completely spontaneous which is SO MUCH FUN!!!!!
Yesterday afternoon, we got off a trip, and we had the rest of the afternoon and evening to ourselves. Before we even left the airport, he got the idea that we should change out of our uniforms and stop for a snack on the way home - to avoid rush hour traffic. I was totally in the mood for something fun and spontaneous, so off I went to change. We enjoy going to places that offer "TNT Trivia" to play. That was one of our favorite things to do while we are dating, and the tradition has rolled over into married life. It's fun, it passes the time, and it keeps our minds sharp.
We knew for sure that TGIFridays offered this entertainment, and we knew right off hand where one was located, so that was where we decided to go.
We got all settled in, ordered our snacks (the fried green beans there are AMAZING), and managed to get in a few rounds of trivia. I was a little cold, so I ordered some coffee. When our waiter came back, he randomly asked us, "So, do you all have any plans for the evening, or are your just sorta hangin' out?" No plans had been confirmed. "Well", he continued, after realizing the status of our social life, "that guy across the way there has two tickets for the Diamondbacks vs. Mets game that starts in a half an hour. He brought the tickets in for a guy, but it doesn't look like he's going to show up. Would you like them?" Ummm.....YEAH!!!! "Sure." My husband answered. Now, realize, my hubby is great and does a lot of things purely for my enjoyment. (He has never been a big fan of baseball games...) So, we finished eating really quick, thanked the man for the tickets and we were off to the ball game. (The D-backs lost, but we still had a blast!)
It was a great, and spontaneous, date that we both thoroughly enjoyed. Even my lover commented on the way home that it was the most fun game he'd ever been to. (I'd like to think it was the company ;) )
2 comments:
Ahh, the carefree days of marriage before kids. ;-) Enjoy these days to the full b/c free time with no agenda is harder to come by once you have kidlets. They're a blessing, don't get me wrong...!! Sounds like a glorious day. I'm very happy for you, Luce. Thanks for keeping us up to date with all your travels and adventures. Love you!!!
Sounds like a wonderful time....ahhhh. Life with the one you love can compare to no other. I'm glad you found your soulmate. I'd love to come visit!! We have family in AZ, so one day I'm sure it will happen!!
Post a Comment