Wednesday, May 9, 2007

As Days Go By...

Wow. We're to the middle of another week already. Time is flying by!!!!!!!
Sunday, we enjoyed a day with my husband's family. It was such an enjoyable time. We feasted some scrumptious food - with smoked lamb being the main entree. YUM!!! It was a delicious meal and a great get-together.
Monday, we began the adventure of packing up the house. As some of you may remember, we moved last year....by way of throwing everything we owned into boxes and hauling them to the new address. We had a day to get everything together, so sorting and streamlining wasn't really an option. This year, however, I am taking the time to go through things as I pack and deciding whether or not it is worth it to move it all again. So far, we have a nice pile of garbage, a nice pile of donations, and a nice stack of boxes ready to move. It's going a lot faster than I thought it would - and I am glad for that. Monday evening, my hubby wanted to search out a romantic place to watch the sunset. Although it didn't end up EXACTLY as that, we found a spot for a great day hike. Which, leads us to Tuesday. . .
Tuesday, we took the day to hike together. We don't know for sure how far we hiked, but we're thinking close to ten miles. It was the perfect day for a hike and we had a lovely time together.
Today, Wednesday, my lover got called to work. So, here I am, packing once again. I've gotten a lot more done. I've also mastered putting songs onto iTunes and m iPod. I know, you'd think I would have learned how to do that forever ago, but today was the day!!! I was pretty excited to learn how to do it. I've been listening to CDs all day today - one's that I haven't listened to in years. I guess you could say that this is a result of packing up DVDs and CDs today. Easy distraction? Maybe. Lots of fun. Definitely.
I will probably get called on a trip tomorrow. I am hoping for an AM trip so I can get back in time to celebrate a friend's graduation on Saturday night. We'll see what happens!
Well, I have a few more things to do this afternoon before evening sets in. Then, I'm going to settle in to enjoy "American Idol" and "Lost." Have a good night. Talk to you again soon!!!!

No comments: