Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Welcome home! It's good to be here. I had a GREAT time throughout all our vacation adventures. Where do I even start?! I guess at the beginning.
We set out for a challenge unlike any other I have ever experienced before. We hiked over 12 miles to the camp ground just past the Supai Village in the Grand Canyon. We carried our packs in. Mine weighed just over 30 pounds. Having never done anything of the like before, I would consider this quite an accomplishment to be proud of. We all did AMAZING. We hiked, and hiked, and hiked. When we thought we were just too tired to continue, we rounded a corner and saw a 100-ft. natural waterfall. The water was a BEAUTIFUL turquoise-blue. Absolutely breathtaking. We hiked into the campground and set up camp (and died in our tents for the night!!!!) The following day, we hiked to several other waterfalls in the area and enjoyed God's beautiful scenery. This particular day also happened to be my birthday, so I spent some of it splashing around in the water, just taking in the mere fact that I was really there. It's hard to believe that beauty like this exists in Arizona, and I am one of the most fortunate people in the world to have been able to experience it for myself. I hope to go back again someday. The following day, we made the 12 mile hike out (although this time, we sent our packs out on mules).
Next, my hubby whisked me away to a small village in Mexico. Nestled on the Eastern shore of the Sea of Cortez, we spent two full days taking in ocean air (and not doing much else.) It was four days (including the two days of travel) of some of the MOST relaxing moments I have had in years. It was heavenly to watch the tide rise and fall as well as the sun and moon. We walked along the beach front collecting shells, and as lovers, we celebrated one complete year of wedded bliss. To commemorate the occasion, we shared the top tier of our wedding cake and a bit of champagne (just for the memory ;)) Both were better than expected and created a memory that will live for years to come.
The final phase of our vacation consisted of a lovely visit to my dad and mom's house in NY. We boarded a plane (the first time in 15 days!) and participated as passengers on the flight to BUF. We celebrated my dad's birthday, I participated in a celebration in honor of my cousin's upcoming marriage (a.k.a. a bridal shower thrown by my mom) and visited the church of my youth. Quite a busy (but blessing-filled) four days.
Now, we are home, the laundry is done, and we are packed and ready to return to work tomorrow. I must admit, I had a blast...and my lover did, too. But, we are both ready to get back to work.
This month will FLY by and then we will be home-owners! I can hardly believe it and I can hardly wait for it to get here!!!!!
Life is NEVER boring at our house...anyone wanna come for a visit? We'd love to have you!!!!

1 comment:

JLHesse said...

Wow! Sounds like you had an amazing vacation. I'm so happy for you! Happy belated birthday and anniversary!! I'm glad you two could get away to celebrate your 1st year together and many more to come. Love you!!