Ah! Another week, another trip (or two). . .I've been busy! First of all, though,
1. A VERY Happy (belated) Birthday to my good friend MLE. I hope her day was super special!!!
2. Congrats to my friends who are going to be mommy's again! One of my best friends from SDF is going to have another baby (I'm praying for a GIRL!!!!) Another of my friends, who is the wife of an Airman, just shared the good news of her pregnancy as well. I'll be praying for both of you!!!!
My trips have been good. I had a three day trip on Thurs., Fri., and Sat. Not bad. Nothing exciting. . .except (another first for me) the service dog that was on the last leg of my flight to ABQ got sick. Yucky. Fortunately, though, it was the last leg of the night and the cleaning crew was coming, so I didn't have to worry about it.
Sunday, we went to church and got to see our good friend, "The Egyptian." I call him that because he IS from Egypt. He's one of our BESTEST friends, and we miss him a LOT. We spent the afternoon with Dad and Mom P. We had pizza and enjoyed the near 90 degree weather. It's so nice to have warm weather!!!! We got home and I experimented with a new lunch for our trip. It was a good experiment, but probably not something we would want to take with us all the time. I made Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Good, but not GREAT. At least now we know.
Now, I'm with my hubby on a trip. It's a great trip. We didn't have a very long overnight last night, but tonight we are in PDX and have had an enjoyable afternoon/evening. We even got to take a nap!!!! That was the highlight, I think!
Tomorrow, we'll be home in the mid-afternoon. Now that we are back on Pacific time, we will get back from our trips a bit earlier. That's a nice change.
No rest for the determined, however! We start another block of work on Thursday and will be on call through Saturday. It's ok, though. We are getting closer to that house we've been dreaming of!!!
Well, I guess I'd better wrap this up. It's getting to be my bedtime. More on a different day. I hope everyone is enjoying their week.
1 comment:
Thanks for the greeting :) it came and passed quickly...I helped clean the foam out around the windows at the house and ordered a dumpster on my birthday..."treats" are still coming. Tonight my friend dropped by -- she ordered me some Yerba Mate!! I'm looking forward to trying it...
Post a Comment