Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Season of Change...

My hubby and I are both feeling that it's time for some kind of change in our lives. We're not really sure what it's going to look like - or even when it's going to happen....I know, a new baby that is scheduled to arrive in 43 days should be change enough, right?! But that's not what I'm talking about.
We have been talking a lot lately about simplifying, downsizing, focusing more on our passions and less on what society THINKS should be our passions, refining our life goals, taking steps to providing the best possible lifestyle for our family.

Isaiah 55
The Lord says, "All you who are thirsty,
come and drink.
Those of you who do not have money,
come, buy and eat!
Come buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
Why spend your money on something that is not real food?
Why work for something that doesn't really satisfy you?
Listen closely to me, and you will eat what is good;
your soul will enjoy the rich food that satisfies.
Come to me and listen;
listen to me so you may live.
I will make an agreement with you that will last forever.
I will give you the blessings I promised to David.
I made David a witness of my power for all nations,
a ruler and commander of many nations.
You will call for nations that you don't yet know.
And these nations that do not know you will run to you
because of the Lord your God,
because of the Holy One of Israel who honors you."
So you should look for the Lord before it is too late;
you should call to him while he is near.
7 The wicked should stop doing wrong,
and they should stop their evil thoughts.
They should return to the Lord so he may have mercy on them.
They should come to our God, because he will freely forgive them.
The Lord says, "My thoughts are not like your thoughts.
Your ways are not like my ways.
Just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
Rain and snow fall from the sky
and don't return without watering the ground.
They cause the plants to sprout and grow,
making seeds for the farmer
and bread for the people.
The same thing is true of the words I speak.
They will not return to me empty.
They make the things happen that I want to happen,
and they succeed in doing what I send them to do.
"So you will go out with joy
and be led out in peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees in the fields will clap their hands.
Large cypress trees will grow where thornbushes were.
Myrtle trees will grow where weeds were.
These things will be a reminder of the Lord's promise,
and this reminder will never be destroyed."

Lord, give us wisdom as we seek You and trust in You.

1 comment:

Shelley Fuge said...

okay, so could you like EXPAND on that thought. I was left hanging!!!!