I was selected to be one of several "busy moms" to receive and review a new product from Zondervan Bibles: "Busy Mom's Bible."
I anxiously waited to receive my package in the mail. I have always had a thing for new Bibles....and this was no exception. On the day it arrived, I opened the box and was impressed at first glance - it was my favorite color - PINK. I knew immediately that I would have no trouble keeping this Bible as my own, as I am most confident that my husband would not want to be seen carrying around a pink Bible. (And besides that, pink is my escape from the reality of busyness. It just makes me feel special and girly.)
I was pleased to see that the version that arrived to me was the New International Version. I am unsure if Zondervan plans to publish the Bible in more than one version, but NIV is my version of choice, so I was all the more intrigued.
The thing that makes this Bible GREAT for busy moms is that it seems to understand completely where you are coming from. That said, it includes 52 "thought starters." Not 365 "thought starters" - just 52. That's just one a week. The reality is that not every day goes as planned. You don't always have time to cozy down with your Bible, your journal, your favorite mug and your Snuggie (Although, wouldn't that be wonderful?!). Some days we may find ten minutes for ourselves, some days just five....or just a quick minute while we're sitting in the carpool lane. If we get the chance at all to open God's Word, this Bible is perfect! With topics that are relevant to today, it allows you to quickly read a thought starter and take a word with you to think about. I found myself returning to those words several times throughout my days. I really enjoy having one topic to study for an entire week. It allows me to read and reread what scripture has to say about these topics and it allows me to etch His Word on my heart and in my mind.
One of my favorite parts of this Bible is the Study Index in the back of the Bible. It allows you to cross reference scripture according to topics and dig deeper into God's Word as time allows.
As a work-away-from-home mom, I am really looking forward to taking this Bible with me to work. As a flight attendant, some days I have more time and some days I have less time, but every day I am a servant and disciple of Christ. Having a word to think about throughout my day allows me to be dwelling on God and reflecting His character to my coworkers and the passengers on the plane.
When I am at home, having a tool that caters to my availability helps me make spending time with God a priority. That, in turn, helps to make me the best wife and mother I can be! Just a few minutes each day spent refocusing my mind and refreshing my spirit makes a BIG difference in how this busy mom manages all that's on my plate!!
1 comment:
How cool, I would be very interested in a bible like that. I also like that its pink! Can't wait for that to come out, I will definitely be buying one for myself.
Post a Comment