Do you know Hoda Kotb? She is one of the hosts on NBC's Today show. You can find her story here.
If you've seen her on the Today show, you probably have noticed the pink ring she wears on her index finger. I noticed it. Right away. This ring is something that...well, she explains it best and you can read about it here.
While I have not been faced with the challenge of breast cancer personally, it has directly affected some people that are close to me...and I have seen those ladies rise to the challenge and defeat it! It is for those ladies that I will proudly wear my pink "Forward" ring.
In the process of purchasing my ring the "Buy Now" button got pushed twice and I ended up with two rings. I only need one. Of course, I could save the second one just in case anything ever happens to the first one, but I don't want to do that. I want to give it away to someone. I don't know who yet.
So, I'm hosting a giveaway. It's not to drive people to my blog. It's a chance to have people share stories. If you are, or someone you know is, a breast cancer survivor (or currently fighting!), share your story as a comment to this post. Be sure to leave your email address. I will randomly select a winner of my extra ring.
9 comments:
Cindy, I had never heard her story before or seen her ring, I would love to be entered into this fun lil' give-away (very sweet of you!), and if I don't get randomly picked, I may just go ahead and order my own anyway...thanks for bringing my attention to this!
How nice of you to sponsor this giveaway! My mom has been fighting breast cancer off-and-on for over 20 years now. I'd love to give this ring to her. She's a success story!
Allison :)
Hey Cindy...what a neat idea! I like it! My grandma is actually a breast cancer survivor. This last year has been rough for her...she last my grandpa, her partner of 60+ years and also had major back surgery! What an inspiration though when it comes to cancer survivors!
hey cindy, i didn't know you were a blogger! =) my aunty rosemary had breast cancer and has been in remission for 2 years--she's an amazing inspiration to me!
michelle weber =)
michellerose630@yahoo.com
Hi Cindy! What a nice thing to do. My grandma died of breast cancer and I have a close friend that has been fighting it for over a year now. Thanks for your generosity!
4_Curleys@sbcglobal.net or you can find me on facebook! =)
Oops forgot to share a story. My aunt died of a brain tumor in February 2008. Sadly she also fought breast cancer about 10 years ago. She went through a double masectomy. I don't know why the Lord chose to take her through so much physical pain, but I do know she is in a much better place and pain free.
My aunt and Eric aunt died of breast cancer, and I have 2 friends working on surviving it right now. I would love to wear the ring in honor of those who fought a couragious battle and lost and for those who are still fighting it.
Cindy~ what a great idea to share stories of character and compassion, bravery and survival. Thanks for reminding us all that we all have so much to be thankful for in our lives. I don't know if you know it, but my mom is a breast cancer survivor. She has been cancer free for over 16 years now. It was really hard at first, after the death of my brother, my sister's illnesses and struggles, then my dad had his knee surgery and lost his job, and then we moved away from home, and that year she found the cancer. in a new town, we were so blessed to find a good church where there were women who understood, and they were a God-send to my mom. 8 years ago, we lost a very dear friend to breast cancer, someone who had helped my mom thru her hard days. How good it is to know that God is never surprised by our trials, and He alone carries us through the hard times! What a Mighty God We Serve! Love to you all <3 ~ Sue
Dear Precious Cindy,
You were on your way to Louisville when I was beginning my battle with the challenge of breast cancer. I remember crying on Bonnie's shoulder the day of the biopsy. Thank you for remembering the battle and the cause for the fight. No one can face this kind of battle without the support of family and friends. Love you.
Sheila
Post a Comment