I enjoy days like today. I'm enjoying a bit of downtime. Luke is back at work - no, I don't enjoy that part, but he's been home for almost two weeks, and I'm so grateful he could do that.
We had a very busy, but very fun, weekend. We had friends over on Friday night. We enjoyed dinner together. They are expecting their first baby at the end of this year, so it was just great to share some of the things we've already learned with them. On Saturday, we just enjoyed spending the day together. We did a little bit of shopping, and we enjoyed a meal out at a great restaurant - BJ's. We took some of our money we got for our anniversary and just enjoyed ourselves. It's fun to have some money tucked away with absolutely no plans for it! Yesterday morning, we enjoyed the worship and fellowship at church and then had Luke's family over in the afternoon. It was a busy weekend. Because it was so busy, Rayne is sleeping the day away today, and that's ok with me. I think she realizes that her daddy is gone, and that makes her a little less than excited, too. On the upside, she gets extra cuddly, so that makes ME feel good :)
Last night, I was dreading today. But now that I'm a good several hours into my day, it seems a LOT less overwhelming.
I worked for a few hours this morning...I started working from home part time (10 hours/week or so). This afternoon, I'm going to enjoy some quiet time and workout. Then, this evening, I'll snuggle with my baby and day one of three will be behind me.
On a completely separate note, have you ever heard the song, "Desert Song" by Hillsong? It's my new favorite. The words encapsulate all of my feels over the past several months, and the music is just beautiful. I am thankful that God blesses people with the gift of writing music and lyrics that can touch the heart of someone like me.
1 comment:
What are you doing for work?
Post a Comment