I am in the process of adjusting to being a semi-"stay-at-home-wife." It's kind of weird, actually. Now that we are out of debt and are focusing on other goals, it is my hubby's delight to have me stay home and take care of the wifely duties that I have been eager to tend to for the past two years. I'm not complaining at all. It's just a different pace for me. Since we got married, I have worked an average of six days a week on the road - and have managed to keep a quasi-organized home in the midst of it all....laundry, grocery shopping, packing three days worth of food in a cooler that is not very big, among other things.
This past winter, we took the time to sort through practically everything that we owned and decided what to give away and what to keep and work into organization in our home. With that task behind us, or home runs fairly efficiently - and for that I am SO grateful. So, without piles of papers to sort through and with a schedule for cleaning and bill paying in place, my days are fairly free for me to enjoy.
I have enjoyed participating in scheduled classes at our local gym - something that I haven't been able to do on a regular basis.
I have also had the time to experiment a bit more in the kitchen - something I love to do as often as possible. I have actually had time to read recipes and adapt them to our lifestyle. SO. MUCH. FUN.
I am also doing the primary planning for a trip that we will be taking with my parents at the beginning of next month. We are really looking forward to that.
So, I am asking for prayer. Please pray that I will be a wise steward of the time and resources that God has graciously given me. I want to be a great wife for my husband and take care of things to keep our home orderly and enjoyable for him whenever he is here. I think I am at the beginning of a VERY exciting adventure!!!!
1 comment:
I LOOOOOVE being a homemaker. It is truly the best thing. I love organizing, planning meals, keeping the check book, buying our family's clothes, tending to little needs that would otherwise go unnoticed, staying fit, eating fresh healthy foods, making sure Caleb is learning what he needs to, loving my husband, etc...I'm so happy you and your hubby are capitalizing on your debt free lifestyle. Being a homemaker will save you so much money in the long run and the joy you will receive from serving your husband and future bambinos is priceless!! Praying for you on this new journey...give the glory to God. You have a good husband. ;-)
Shelley F.
Post a Comment