My hubby and I are really enjoying these times set aside to specifically spend time focusing on each other. So, yesterday my lover took me out. We started off with breakfast - something we don't normally treat ourselves to in a restaurant. And then, he took me to a place where you can paint your own pottery. I painted a cookie jar and he painted a coffee tumbler. We sat there for over two hours painting and talking and just connecting on a level that's difficult to do when you're meeting the demands of every day life. We both had so much fun!!! I can't wait to see the finished products!!!
Not only were we celebrating being in love and God's gift to each of us in each other, we were celebrating a HUGE accomplishment. WE ARE OUT OF DEBT!!!!!! Our credit cards and our cars are entirely paid off!!! That was our goal for this year - only we thought it would take us until December. But, through faithfulness from our Heavenly Father, we are debt-free. It's such an amazing feeling!!!!!!!
So, after the pottery place, we stopped by Eegee's for lunch. If you don't live in Tucson, you've probably never enjoyed such a treat :)
Then, last night, we spent some time with two of our great friends. We talked and laughed and had some delicious food. Friendship is such a wonderful blessing from God!
Today, we will be going to church and then having some other friends over for lunch. We are truly enjoying our few days off!!!!!!
2 comments:
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! WE love the feeling and I NEVER want to be slave to the lender...I even want my house paid off. :-) I'm really happy for you guys!!!!
Shelley F.
Good job!!!! I paid off my college loans last year and my car loan this year, so I am also out of debt (until I buy a house someday, I guess!) It is an absolutely awesome feeling.
Kristen S.
Post a Comment