The purchase I am most proud of, however, took place at Kohl's just the other day. My sister-in-law gave me $30 in Kohl's cash that expired on June 1. I had never heard of Kohl's cash before, as I do not shop there on a regular basis. I looked at them and figured that they must be as good as cash during the valid dates. $30 for free. Nothing to lose. I couldn't really think of anything I NEEDED, and I had asked my husband if he needed anything. He couldn't think of anything practical to spend the money on and encouraged me to have fun shopping! :) I took myself on a slow afternoon the peruse the inventory. I thought for SURE I'd be able to find a decent bargain. I had NO idea how true that statement would be. I entered the store and headed straight for the jewelry department. I don't have a lot of jewelry, but thought that might be a good place to spend my $30. They were having a small sale, but nothing just struck me as THE thing to get. Next, I headed for the bags. I found a lot here, but quickly remembered all the items we recently donated to the Goodwill and decided I didn't need to re-clutter my newly organized closet. I moved on. I tried on a dress that I loved, but just got two new dress in honor of the wedding I was just in. No need for more just now. I made my way to the bath section. Maybe a new shower curtain. But nothing there matched the decor we are using. As I was heading to the next section of the store, a salesman approached me with a...COUPON! All I needed to do in order to be the proud owner of the "Additional 15 percent off" was answer a few questions. I can do that. A few moments later, I had $34.50 to spend!!! Could it get any better? Keep reading...I passed through the shoe section, and found me a great pair of shoes. But, did I REALLY NEED new shoes? No. Moving on. Nestled in the back corner of the store is my FAVORITE department. Kitchen. Oh-la-la. And what to my wondering eyes did appear? A sale sign that read, "Buy One Get One FREE Could it really be?! I thought it was a mistake, but turned and there was another sign. It must be true. I looked through the sale items, and dreamed of all the things I could combine. My brain took a quick scan of my kitchen and I thought of two things that I didn't have that I SHOULD have - a cake saver and an Iced Tea set. One was $39.99 and one was $34.99. But with the BOGO offer, the $30 free cash and the extra 15 percent off, I walked out of the store with this (food and drink NOT included):
"In this crazy life, through these crazy times it's you - you make me sing! You're every line, you're every word, you're everything!"
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Bargains, Bargains!!
Well, I must admit that I haven't been as diligent as I would LIKE to be in hunting for bargains. I do come across some good deals every once in a while, but right now I don't have a lot of extra time to search for the grocery store with the best weekly deals. What I DO buy, I usually buy with the store's discount program, and that has been working out rather nicely. Take this morning, for instance. I was on call to go to work and realized that I had run out of deodorant. So, I made a quick trip to the grocery store (not the one I usually do my shopping at, but the one closest to our house.) I noticed that the brand of deodorant I usually buy was on sale 2/$4. I went ahead and picked up two of them, knowing that I would need the second one sometime in the future. I went to the register and the cashier told me it would be $8.--. Um. No. I quickly offered my phone number, paid the $4.22 and was on my way! Yipee! I LOVE bargains when I don't even think I have time for them.
The purchase I am most proud of, however, took place at Kohl's just the other day. My sister-in-law gave me $30 in Kohl's cash that expired on June 1. I had never heard of Kohl's cash before, as I do not shop there on a regular basis. I looked at them and figured that they must be as good as cash during the valid dates. $30 for free. Nothing to lose. I couldn't really think of anything I NEEDED, and I had asked my husband if he needed anything. He couldn't think of anything practical to spend the money on and encouraged me to have fun shopping! :) I took myself on a slow afternoon the peruse the inventory. I thought for SURE I'd be able to find a decent bargain. I had NO idea how true that statement would be. I entered the store and headed straight for the jewelry department. I don't have a lot of jewelry, but thought that might be a good place to spend my $30. They were having a small sale, but nothing just struck me as THE thing to get. Next, I headed for the bags. I found a lot here, but quickly remembered all the items we recently donated to the Goodwill and decided I didn't need to re-clutter my newly organized closet. I moved on. I tried on a dress that I loved, but just got two new dress in honor of the wedding I was just in. No need for more just now. I made my way to the bath section. Maybe a new shower curtain. But nothing there matched the decor we are using. As I was heading to the next section of the store, a salesman approached me with a...COUPON! All I needed to do in order to be the proud owner of the "Additional 15 percent off" was answer a few questions. I can do that. A few moments later, I had $34.50 to spend!!! Could it get any better? Keep reading...I passed through the shoe section, and found me a great pair of shoes. But, did I REALLY NEED new shoes? No. Moving on. Nestled in the back corner of the store is my FAVORITE department. Kitchen. Oh-la-la. And what to my wondering eyes did appear? A sale sign that read, "Buy One Get One FREE Could it really be?! I thought it was a mistake, but turned and there was another sign. It must be true. I looked through the sale items, and dreamed of all the things I could combine. My brain took a quick scan of my kitchen and I thought of two things that I didn't have that I SHOULD have - a cake saver and an Iced Tea set. One was $39.99 and one was $34.99. But with the BOGO offer, the $30 free cash and the extra 15 percent off, I walked out of the store with this (food and drink NOT included):


and paid $9.18.
The purchase I am most proud of, however, took place at Kohl's just the other day. My sister-in-law gave me $30 in Kohl's cash that expired on June 1. I had never heard of Kohl's cash before, as I do not shop there on a regular basis. I looked at them and figured that they must be as good as cash during the valid dates. $30 for free. Nothing to lose. I couldn't really think of anything I NEEDED, and I had asked my husband if he needed anything. He couldn't think of anything practical to spend the money on and encouraged me to have fun shopping! :) I took myself on a slow afternoon the peruse the inventory. I thought for SURE I'd be able to find a decent bargain. I had NO idea how true that statement would be. I entered the store and headed straight for the jewelry department. I don't have a lot of jewelry, but thought that might be a good place to spend my $30. They were having a small sale, but nothing just struck me as THE thing to get. Next, I headed for the bags. I found a lot here, but quickly remembered all the items we recently donated to the Goodwill and decided I didn't need to re-clutter my newly organized closet. I moved on. I tried on a dress that I loved, but just got two new dress in honor of the wedding I was just in. No need for more just now. I made my way to the bath section. Maybe a new shower curtain. But nothing there matched the decor we are using. As I was heading to the next section of the store, a salesman approached me with a...COUPON! All I needed to do in order to be the proud owner of the "Additional 15 percent off" was answer a few questions. I can do that. A few moments later, I had $34.50 to spend!!! Could it get any better? Keep reading...I passed through the shoe section, and found me a great pair of shoes. But, did I REALLY NEED new shoes? No. Moving on. Nestled in the back corner of the store is my FAVORITE department. Kitchen. Oh-la-la. And what to my wondering eyes did appear? A sale sign that read, "Buy One Get One FREE Could it really be?! I thought it was a mistake, but turned and there was another sign. It must be true. I looked through the sale items, and dreamed of all the things I could combine. My brain took a quick scan of my kitchen and I thought of two things that I didn't have that I SHOULD have - a cake saver and an Iced Tea set. One was $39.99 and one was $34.99. But with the BOGO offer, the $30 free cash and the extra 15 percent off, I walked out of the store with this (food and drink NOT included):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oooh, what a great bargain! I'm impressed. :-)
I love a great deal! YEAH FOR YOURS!!!!
I love finding a good bargain as well! Are you on Facebook? I just look up Cindy Perry and found many! If you are, will you add me as a friend? I have a cake decorating question for you. It would be easier to write it there than on here.
Thanks!
Erica
nice, nice, nice!!
smf
Post a Comment