I've managed to injure myself. It really wouldn't be a big deal, if I didn't have a job where I was on my feet for hours at a time. However. . .
A few days ago, my hubby and I were in our backyard doing some yard work. I was mowing the grass and he was cutting back our beautiful plants that cover the far side of the yard with beautiful pink flowers all summer long. After he was finished trimming, he had a HUGE pile of dead branches in the yard. We decided to move them to the side yard until we had time to take them to the dump. While these plants are gorgeous, and the coveted plant of those of us who live in the desert climate, the come with rather long thorns. So, I put on my gloves and started dragging the trimmings away. I got about half done with the task, and on one of my trips to the pile, one of the branches got caught on the fence. I kept moving, but the branches in my hand didn't. All of a sudden I felt myself being thrown into the rather large pile of thorns before me. I tripped, and as I put my foot down to stop myself my shoe (ok, flip flop - and YES, I know I shouldn't have been wearing flip flops) came off and my foot went down right on top of one of the thorns. Ouch. 'Twas only a flesh wound, but still. I bled a little....more than I would have liked to. My husband came quickly to my rescue, bandaged me up, but informed me that my foot would be sore for a while. These types of thorns leave a fairly deep bruise. He was right. So, now I have a little gimp in my get-along. But, I did learn my lesson. Before I finished moving the pile, I replaced my flip flops with a pair of decent shoes :) It's just so hard to justify shoes when it's 83 degrees outside.
Needless to say, our yard looks beautiful now and ready for the spring and summer growth it will bring! I'm glad winter is over! Bring on the heat!!!!
5 comments:
Sorry to hear about your boo-boo! That sounds ouchy. I'm sure Luke will take good care of you, though! Love you. ;-)
So sorry to hear about your foot. I've worn my flip-flops this week too!
sorry about the foot. I wore sandals yesterday for a couple hours. sigh. I'm back to my regular shoes. Enjoy the heat for us!
oops.
shelley
Your yard sounds beautiful. I think you should add pictures. I would love to see an Arizona back yard.:)
I am also very sorry to hear about your foot. And quite jealous of the wonderful weather you have.
Post a Comment