Thursday, November 15, 2007

Birthday Celebration!

Every year, I try to do something unique and memorable for my hubby's birthday. It's been everything from a month long celebration, to renting a car on his 25th, to guitars and this year it was a surprise trip to. . .This is Big Sur, California. One of the MOST BEAUTIFUL places in America! It was simply breathtaking.
We took of early on Monday morning and were in Oakland, CA by 9:00am. We got the car (a convertible) and headed down the famous Hwy 1 in California. An amazing trip. We played by the ocean, hiked in the Redwoods, drove the s
cenic route, visited Carmel, CA (home to Pebble Beach Golf Course), and thoroughly enjoyed celebrating life together.
We stayed in the most quaint cabin-hotel where there was no TV and only a fireplace to provide heat during the cool of the evening.
No commentary could do it justice. It was amazing. One morning we woke super-early and headed down the coast and watched as the morning mist rose off the ocean. . .

Talk about mysterious. . .it was so wonderful to see! We looked for pieces of jade in Jade Cove (and actually found some!!) and walked the length of Sand Dollar Beach as the ocean showed no mercy to the shoreline. Amazing.

Just across Hwy 1, we made our way into the Coastal Redwood forest for some quality hiking. You would have NEVER guessed that the ocean was just feet away. . .
(Yes, that is my lover standing inside the trunk of a redwood tree!)
The final day of our trip took us back to the city and a trip to the Golden Gate Bridge and a view of Alcatraz



So here we are at the beginning of another year. . .I love you, babe! I pray God's best on your life this year ahead!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

JLHesse said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! You need to come to Nashville so we can celebrate with you. ;-) I'm so glad you guys could get away -- what a beautiful location and gorgeous pics! It looks heavenly. We have some beautiful fall foliage here, but nothing like what you saw! God's creation is so amazing...and it's wonderful to share it with people we love!

D. Fields said...

I just read a previous comment you wrote on my blog and realized who it was!!! Hope you both are doing well. Miss you guys and would love to catch up with you soon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing trip Cindy!! Your pictures are just breathtaking so I can only imagine what it would feel like in real life. You are such a loving, creative wife:) Luke is one blessed man and I'm sure he would agree a thousand times over. I wish we and Luke a Happy Thanksgiving. Love you, Molly