Saturday, July 28, 2007

I'm Learning. . .

Life can be hard sometimes. You can be going along thinking that everything is just fine, and then, in an instant, before you can even protest, something is out of whack and there you are. Your world has seemed to crumble at your feet and you're standing there wondering what happened and what to do now. After things settle down, you realize that things weren't as bad as they seemed at the time.
Enter my present stage of existence....
Now, it's a chance to learn, make adjustments, and change accordingly to avoid such a seeming disaster in the future and be a stronger, better woman as a result!
One thing I have learned....I am an a.m. flyer. For those of you who aren't familiar with Flight Attendant lingo, let me put it this way. I'm a morning person through and through. I've known this for a long time, but these past few weeks have proven it. I do my best work in the day and sleep best at night.
Another thing I have learned...I am married to the man that is PERFECT for me. He is so patient and kind and caring. And, an incredible leader and provider for our family. I have noticed these character traits about him so distinctly in the past month. It's so much fun to participate in the evolution of our marriage. It's great to know that we can change over time - individually and as a couple. There are things that will always be a source of growth and challenge and things that, with a few adjustments, will be foundations for our family for generations to come. I just can't begin to tell you how blessed I am to have my husband for my own. He helps me to constantly grow and change (and be open to it) and he offers a listening ear and open arms as I learn how to be the woman and wife God intended for me to be. It's nice to have him as my biggest supporter! Thanks, lover!!!!! You are my best friend, and I am having so much fun learning how to love you better!!!! Thanks for giving me the room to learn!
A third thing I have learned (with the help and encouragement of my husband...) is that there is more to life than work, laundry, and grocery shopping. Sometimes, it's hard for me to understand this lesson. My husband works SO hard to give me the freedom to explore my interests and talents. I am learning to graciously accept the time that I am given.
So, here I am - learning lessons that are probably obvious to some, and not applicable to others, but it's where I am. I sense a special nudging of the Holy Spirit. Perhaps a nudging to take care of business now, so He can use me later (maybe so He can use me now....) Either way, I'm ready to be more.

2 comments:

JLHesse said...

I just had a conversation with a friend of mine last night, and I told her that I can't wait to see what my 30s hold b/c I feel like I have figured so much stuff out in the last few years. God is teaching me so much, and I feel like I'm becoming a better me -- one that was there all along! It seems you could say the same thing. Although, I can't imagine a BETTER you. (Is that even possible?!) :-) Love you, can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hey hope things are okay! You can tell from my blog life has been anything but easy. The Lord teaches us all kinds of things....some we don't like. But i know we are both strong enough to handle whatever life brings our way! Glad your hubby is supportive!