I am VERY tired...and VERY VERY happy. Yesterday, my dad and mom in-law showed up at our old house and helped us pack everything up. We were totally loaded up and driving down to T-town by 1:30pm and By 7pm, we were totally unloaded. Can you believe it? We finally live in our very own house. We were exhausted last night and we slept very well. We were up fairly early today, and wanted to get a jump on getting the place settled. After all, we are hosting our family tomorrow for a day celebration of Father's Day. This morning, we returned the moving truck and stopped by Lowe's. It's funny that once you own your own place stores like Lowe's and The Home Depot quickly become the places to spend money. Our first home improvement project (not including the interior paint job) was to purchase new toilet seats. The previous home owners lived in luxury with padded toilet seats. However, I'm not a fan of such comfort and wanted to fix that ASAP. Kinda funny, huh?
We came home and got to work unpacking boxes. We certainly aren't all settled, but I'm thrilled with the progress. It's already starting to feel like home! Yeah! I just love it!!
Like I already mentioned, tomorrow we will be hosting our first "party." It's so wonderful to be back in the south town that we love so much! We owe a HUGE thank-you to Dad and Mom P. Their help with the move was TREMENDOUS!!!!! They are two very special people and I love them VERY much!!!! I'm very blessed to be a part of their family!
Well, I'm tired. I think I'm going to spend some time enjoying the evening with my hubby, then it's off to bed for me.
'Night.
2 comments:
Funny! I had to replace my padded seat too--first thing! Crazy thing, though was that my toilet is pink! Finding one to match was a dilema, but thankfully Home Depot pulled through for me. :) Happy partying IN YOUR NEW PLACE! YEAH FOR YOU!
Padded toilet seats are gross...
Post a Comment