Saturday, February 10, 2007

On the road again....
My hubby and I enjoyed three WONDERFUL days off this past week. It was nice to have a change of pace. We got a new dining table from the P parents, so we spent one morning putting it and the chairs together. I just love it!!!! It's perfect for us. It will get big enough to comfortably seat 12 people. For now, we have six chairs. It's awesome. Now, I'm anxious to entertain...anyone want to come for a visit??
We also were able to relax and get caught up on some movies. That is one of my hubby's favorite things, so it was nice to have some time for that.
We also went to the gym and kicked the workout up a notch - I'm feeling it today! I'm excited, though. I'm already beginning to see results from my resolve to be healthy this year. We are pretty dedicated to going to the gym, as well as eating healthy, natural foods. I feel great, have a TON of energy, and I'm shrinking!!!! Of course, it takes work and time, but it's such a great feeling.
Now, we're back at work. We had a VERY easy day today. Just two legs to Salt Lake City, and no difficult passengers :) We were at the hotel before 11:30am, which gave us pretty much the entire day to enjoy! It's beautiful weather here, so we changed our clothes and headed out on a walking tour of the town. It's very...different. Lots of old buildings - most of them vacant. They have little plaques outside of some of the buildings that talk about their history. Kind of fascinating. We walked past Temple Square - a big deal for most of the people who live here and made the rounds back toward the hotel. We stopped to eat at a place that came highly recommended from the likes of us; it was a good recommendation! We each enjoyed a Mahi-Mahi sandwich with cabbage, pico de gallo and avocado. YUM! Upon finishing our meal,the sun had started to set, and the temperature dropped, signaling us to head back to the hotel. Now, we are just relaxing. Life is great :) It's such a blessing to be able to travel with the love of my life! It makes work fun, and the overnights even more fun! I am looking forward to tomorrow. We have an early day, but we end up in Tucson. I love it there! My in-laws are going to meet up with us for a while tomorrow afternoon. It's always nice to see familiar faces.
Well, I'm going to go enjoy time with my hubby. I hope all of you have a wonderful evening and a beautiful Lord's Day tomorrow. 'Night.

No comments: