"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me."
~Ps. 16:5-8
I love those verses. They sound so. . .peaceful. They are the words of my heart. I love reading scripture. I don't know how the people who were chosen to write God's word felt, but as I read, I feel like they were such eloquent scribes. (I guess that's why God chose them...)
We are in a holding pattern here at our house. Exciting things are happening, and now it's just a matter of patience, being diligent to what God has called us to right now, and looking with hope to the future that God has planned for us. I will admit, it's hard. Sometimes I think we both feel anxious - not in a bad way - but rather excited to bring the future into the present. We know, though, that if we let the Lord counsel us, we will only benefit from the results. "I have set the LORD always before me." I like to think that in between me and everything that happens in a day, every decision I make, the Lord is there. To intercept my thoughts and actions, protecting me from what might harm me ahead, and preparing the way for me. He is there to open doors when they are to be opened and to keep me from going through doors that should remain closed. I like knowing that my Sovereign Lord is right in front of me.
I don't have too much going on this afternoon. We are both on call, but so far, no call. That's ok, though. It has given us both some down time to relax, and prepare for the month ahead. We start a trip tomorrow that will carry us to Saturday. Then, one day off and we're at it again. We are relying on the Lord's strength to carry us through all the busyness. It's good. It's all good, and the result is going to be indescribable!!!
2 comments:
I like your new blog. It's pretty. Sometimes the font is hard to read though...just a thought...but you can do whatever you want and I'll still read. :-) Thanks for posting the beautiful scripture...I love Scripture too! Have great trips!
You will LOVE Laurie's store!
Post a Comment