Monday, February 16, 2009

Incredible...

I had THE MOST incredible Valentine's Day. God has given me such a blessing in my husband. We went out to dinner on Friday night - instead of Saturday - to try to beat the rush. But, everyone else must have had the same idea because it was busy, busy, busy. We ate at the Olive Garden - yum.
On Saturday, my love and I woke up, packed the truck, and headed for a day in sun. We packed a picnic lunch, our bibles, a book we are reading, blankets, and stopped at the store for some sparkling grape juice....We then headed out into the mountains behind our house. We found the PERFECT spot to park the truck. We lined the bed of the truck with the blankets, kicked off our shoes and spent time soaking in the rays and the quiet view of the mountains in the desert. We spent all day talking, reading scripture, eating, walking around the paths in the dessert - just enjoying being together. It filled my tank in such a fulfilling way! We stayed out until the sun showed us it's final ray and the air became to chilly to enjoy. We packed up and headed back to the house. What a glorious day!!!! The whole day planned by my lover! :) He definitely knows what I love...
Then, as an added bonus, we went to In-N-Out Burger for dinner :)
I thank the Lord for special days to specifically sent aside time to be with loved ones!

No comments: