Well, I haven't actually worked at my "regualar" job since January 3. My hubby says the turbulence is quite prevalent this year, so it's better that I'm home. Because of that, he has picked up the slack and has been gone an average of six days a week this month. It's hard to have him gone so much, but I more than appreciate his willingness to keep me and his baby girl safe. I officially start my maternity leave early next month, so the income from that will keep him from having to fly quite so much. I'm looking forward to that! He's had such a great attitude, though. I know he must be exhausted, but we're coming down home stretch - AND he actually has a few days off this coming week. Yippee!!
I spent a LOVELY afternoon with my sister-in-law yesterday. We only live about 10 minutes from each other but life sometimes makes it difficult to spend time together. Yesterday we headed to the mall (a place I haven't visited since way before Christmas!) and had ourselves a shopping-spree (of sorts...) NY&Co. is my FAVORITE clothing store, and the back corner is ALWAYS riddled with sale items. I picked up a few shirts that I will be able to wear post pregnancy. Actually, I COULD wear them now, but I think I might save them to help myself look refreshed post baby. She and I actually got one matching shirt - what can I say, we can't help it if we're both cute!
Then, we headed to Bath and Body Works. She had printed me off some coupons that somehow had passed my Inbox by and we shopped. I must say, that semi-annual sale is a pretty good deal - if you add the coupons to it! I spent $11 for almost $40 worth of stuff :) I COULD have spent a million dollars in the newly renovated Victoria's Secret, but I decided to wait until after the baby comes and I feel cute again....but then I'm making NO promises. They recently expanded our store to carry just about one of EVERYTHING that has ever been made for Victoria's Secret - why can't I be working there NOW?!
We ended the evening with a hard choice - Taco Bell or Chik-Fil-A. Now, most of you are probably laughing, but for those of you who know my dear Candy - the draw of the Taco Bell was almost too much. BUT, she settled for chicken, as did I :)
Today, I'm going to concentrate on CLEANING! I'm up early and feel energized, so here I go...wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment