Well, like I said in my last post, my heart is at home, and I'm doing everything in my power to keep myself here.
So, I headed out to the grocery store again this week. I made a conscious effort to sit down, meal plan, search the ad and match up the coupons. I was very pleased with the result. We have a lot going on this week, so my menu had a lot of out of the ordinary items on it. My hubby is having a birthday this week - more on that in a different post. So, we had company yesterday, we are going out tomorrow, we work for three days this week, and we are celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday. So, like I said, a lot of difference this week than in typical weeks. However, I was still able to bring my grocery bill down from $104.39 to $56.62 - a 45% savings!!!
It's nice to see God in the little things. My sister contacted me to let me know that she'll be sending me all the coupons from her paper that she doesn't want. I also received a few unexpected coupons in the mail that will help with things during the holidays. I'm so excited.
I know that God will take care of us. He has put these desires in my heart and in the heart of my husband. It is my duty to remain faithful to Him and walk through the doors that he opens. It's baby steps, that's for sure. We had some unexpected outflow of cash this week, but it's all good. I know we're on the right track. I'm so grateful for a husband who knows how to have a vision for our family. It makes following along so much easier, and so much more fun when I know that my dreams and passions just might fit in perfectly to the plan God has for our lives.
1 comment:
Cindy!!! I was thinking about and LUke the other day and wondering if you were pregnant. Hadn't checked your blog lately and thought I would today!!! SOOOOO happy for you to be having a baby girl. I LOVE the name and can't wait to hear more updates. You are blessed!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Molly
Post a Comment