Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day...

Wow. What a day :) I had an awesome day, actually. I woke up this morning with two things on my mind.
1. My baby girl, Rayne Elle. Now that I know she's a girl, I find myself thinking specific thoughts about her very often. I felt her kicking today. That was fun.
2. The Election. I woke up. Spent some time in prayer. Filled out my absentee ballot. Fortunately, I didn't have to work today, so I could drop off my ballot in person. I like to be able to do that. We headed to our polling location, and slipped the ballots into the box, and left knowing that God will settle the rest.

After that, the fun started. We headed off to run some errands. My hubby mentioned something about lunch. I said, "Hang on a sec." I got out my phone and punched in "411." After a short time, I confirmed that the Chik-Fil-A in our town was offering a free chicken sandwich to anyone who mentioned the election. Off we went. Free lunch! Well, not ENTIRELY free. How can you go to Chik-Fil-A and not order waffle fries?
After that, we spent some focused time deciding on a nursery theme. I'm not trying to be anxious, however, we have a beautiful "Flowerpot Red" wall in the baby's room, and finding decor to coordinate is not the easiest task. It's not RED. It's not BROWN. And it's not ORANGE. It's a beautiful mixture, and one of my most favorite interior pant colors.
So, after a while of looking around, comparing the paint chip to various bedding and almost giving up and saying we need to paint, we found the PERFECT thing. We moved on and decided on a stroller system, pack-n-play and baby swing as well. I'm so grateful and so excited!!!
My hubby was waiting for a part for his truck to arrive at the auto parts store, so we headed to Starbucks where today they offered a free house coffee to each citizen who voted. We tried the new Thanksgiving Blend. I don't drink much coffee while being pregnant, but this was a special day and I was spending time with a VERY special person. It was a DELICIOUS treat!!!!
Now, my hubby is off getting me a treat for dinner - seeing that we had a free lunch and a free coffee break. I'm doing laundry, packing for tomorrow's trip, and watching the election results. I know that God blessed my day, and I know that, if we turn our hearts to Him, He will bless our country as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty name! Is it pronounced with 1 syllable or 2? Like Rain or Rain-y? Whichever way, it's pretty!

I love me some Chic-fila!
:) maren

Anonymous said...

Ooh! A girl!!! Girls are so much fun. :-) Wasn't it amazing to see her on the ultrasound screen? I love ultrasounds. I love the name. Very cool. I'm so happy for you guys. Miss you!