Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Blessings. . .

I feel so blessed. I haven't had to work much lately, so I have been able to some things that I've always dreamed of having time to do. Like make greeting cards:


My hubby and I went on a little date the other day. We headed to Willcox, AZ where they are known for their apple orchards and other fields of fruit and vegetable goodness. I was in heaven.




Needless to say, I had my work cut out for me for the following few days:





It was so much fun to do some canning. When I was a little girl, my grandmother canned EVERYTHING and I was usually right by her side trying to get my little hands in it all, too. So, I had a good time reliving the memories of my childhood and making some yummy food in the process. I ended up with 6 quarts of pears, 8 pints of applesauce (HOMEMADE!) and 10 pints of tomatoes to use in soups, stews, sauces, salsas and the like.
Did I mention that I LOVE being home more???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are so talented! Come on!! Aren't you going to share more?!

smf

Anonymous said...

SUPER jealous of that! I have never canned in my life. It seems so wonderful and homey! Good job!
-B

Hannah Fields said...

AWSOME!!! i am going to try my hand at some apple butter. (dale's current favorite)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE canning - I never did it much before this year but everything grew really well this year (conventional wisdom says that's a sign of a bad winter to come...hmm...) and I have been canning like a crazy woman. I love knowing the food will last even if there is a power outage or the freezer croaks. I am very impressed with your work!