Well, I am happy to say that I have a few days off and I actually have time to give a proper update. So, here we go!
We went to San Carlos, Mexico for a few days to enjoy the summer sun - as if we don't get enough of that at home :) Actually, it's different. There is just something that I absolutely LOVE about Mexico. We took full advantage of the beautiful weather. My husband and I went deep sea fishing with my father-in-law for a few days. Here is a sampling of the reward of our efforts:
Fishing was just many of the pleasures of the week We enjoyed the beach, tacos, snorkeling, and a whole bunch of other wonderful memories:
Have I told you yet how much I LOVE Mexico???
Next came the Fourth of July 2008. We had the unexpected pleasure of being home. We celebrated at Chris and Candy's house with friends. We missed the fireworks, though. We had planned the evening around the advertised time, but a storm was moving in, so they did the fireworks an hour early - and no one sent us the memo. Oh well. We still had a blast!
Mom P made this yummy cheesecake treat:
We ate a wonderful Fish Taco Feast:
Kevin and Kristine:
Me and My Lover:
Sherif and Janae:
Dad and Mom:
Chris and Candy:
Marc and Anna (and their really cute puppy):
And that brings us to today. We've had this tree in our front yard that is huge and messy. Well, thanks to the help of Dad and Mom P we made this change to our front yard!!
Before:
During:
After:
We have some work ahead of us now, but it will be so much fun to design our front yard landscaping! I'm so excited.
Well, I think that brings us up to date for the time being. No funny travel stories. Just life at home - for once :)
Love you all. We'll chat again soon!!!
4 comments:
My biggest question for you is how in the world do you get those fish home with you?
Maren-Needless to say, it was a bit cramped in our tiny Honda on the way home :) No, just kidding. We fillet them and freeze them and then put them in a gigantic cooler from Costco. We don't bring the bones or the head (although they say the MahiMahi heads make awesome soup!)
1. Do you realize that fish is almost bigger than YOU?
2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair now! It totally suits you!
3. I have never been to Mexico.....oh, well I have once, but don't really count it.......I am jealous :)
Glad to hear things are still going well for you two kids :) Miss you!
What in tarnations!!! (is that really a word) What was the fish in the second picture? Crazy! It looks like you guys had fun. Also, i noticed you were doing yard work in flip flops again. looks good. you guys are amazing. I love hearing about all of your adventures.
Post a Comment