Dad and Mom C made the trek from snow NY state to AZ to celebrate Christmas. It was the first time I have been with my parents for Christmas since I moved to AZ, and the first time my hubby has ever celebrated with them.
They flew in on Christmas Eve - just in time to enjoy dinner and the Christmas Eve service at our church. It was so fun to have them here. Then, we spent Christmas day together. We started by enjoying a delicious breakfast - cherry crepes and cinnamon rolls (a tradition from my childhood). Then, my wonderful husband read the Christmas Story from scripture (Luke 2)
We spent the morning enjoying surprises from each other that have been waiting patiently under the tree - including a few funny things. . .
One of my favorite gifts I received (but don't have a picture of) is a machine to help me with my scrapbooking. It cuts out images for me to glue to my scrapbook pages. I've already made cards, invitations, and cut out several images for my scrapbooks. I think I'm really going to enjoy having it.
We hosted Christmas dinner for both sets of parents and my husbands best friend. It was the first big holiday meal that I have planned and prepared and I must say that it was a huge success. Everything turned out simply delicious and the time of fellowship was such a blessing.
3 comments:
Wow! It looks like you guys had fun. :-) And those cookies...I wish I could grab through the screen and try one! I'm so glad that you all could be together for Christmas. We certainly had a wonderful Christmas, too! ;-) Love you!
Everything looked great! Glad you enjoyed the special time with family and friends. Wait til you hae babies...it's even MORE fun, if you can believe it. :-)
Hey girl!
I finally found your blog! Yay! I love the Christmas cookies, did you make them? I know you did. Well, I hope you are having a great January. I will talk to you soon.
Julie
Post a Comment