Friday, April 13, 2007

A Few Recent Events...

We've been off work for a few days now. It's been nice. Only one more trip (that starts tomorrow) and then we'll officially be on vacation. I'm so excited!!!! But, I don't want to get ahead of myself.
So, back to what's been going on for the past few days:
We ARE getting closer to being homeowners! The inspections all went well and there are just a few things that need to be addressed. So, we are just waiting to see if the sellers are willing to remedy those things before closing. We'll find out no later than Monday. Either way, we are planning to move forward. It's exciting!! I can't wait til we close on the house. Then, we'll paint, clean and move in. I'm so looking forward to being back in the town that feels like "home" to us. It'll be nice to be closer to family and friends.
We were able to get a great deal on a washer and dryer for our new place. God seems to be sending us blessing after blessing. There is nothing like confirmation when you're doing something this significant.
We also had the joy of pulling the weeds and trimming the landscaping at the house that we currently occupy. It was getting kind of bad (bad enough for the HOA to let us know that they have different taste in yard management than we do). So, we took advantage of the gorgeous afternoon yesterday to take care of it. It wasn't really that big of a deal, and I'll be honest. It DOES look a lot better now. Last night, we were the victims of a HUGE wind storm that blew in a little bit of rain and cooler temperatures. It was short-lived, however.
Today, my wonderful hubby finished up on the yard while I got the house in decent order. I washed all of the dishes (our dishwasher has been exhibiting sub-par performance lately), I did three loads of laundry and we straightened up around the place. It looks nice, and it's always nice to come home to a clean house!
Like I said earlier, we'll be leaving tomorrow for a quick trip. It should be a pretty easy three days.
I hope everyone is having a great Friday. Talk to you all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an anniversary coming up, don't you? :-) What a great way to celebrate one year. Buying a house!! We got pregnant....but that's not for everyone! Good luck with the final details...owning a home is awesome and full of interesting surprises along the way!