Saturday, February 17, 2007

I. AM. SICK. Since Tuesday night. I've been in denial about it. Mostly because I was supposed to get to see my sister today. Of all the trips that I had to call in sick for. I cried. I'm glad now, though, that I'm in my own bed. Went to the doctor. I have bronchitis. Ick. I disclosed the important "Red Dye #40" information to the nurse. I got a prescription for two medications. My wonderful lover brought me home and put my shivering body in a warm bubble bath, complete with candles, oranges to eat, juice and water to drink, and Spa music. Then, he went and got my prescriptions filled and brought them home, but quickly became suspicious of their BRIGHT RED color. So, being the amazing "doctor" that he is, he called the pharmacy. Sure enough. BOTH OF THEM had the deadly ingredient. Little did he know what he had gotten himself into. (I'm glad he cares enough, though, to not just take their word for it.) After playing go-between for the doctor's office and the pharmacy for almost an hour, they told him that they would call him when they could get it figured out. He came home and was all set to give them 15 mins. max to get it settled. In the midst of all of this, I developed a fever. For the past two days (and even during my doctor's visit) my temperature remained a healthy 98.2. After I had been home for a few hours, I suddenly broke out in a sweat. I quickly took my temp. 101.6!!!!!! Where did THAT come from? Just then, the phone call came. My meds were ready. My lover took the extra time to read all of the ingredients along with the pharmacist to ensure that I wouldn't develop a worse problem while trying to get better.
Finally, medicine for me! I took it right away, and it knocked me out. That was yesterday, around 3pm. I've been sleeping ever since. I guess that's probably good. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better by this afternoon.
I haven't been SICK in a long time. I had forgotten just how eventful it can be! I have one of THE BEST doctors in the world taking care of me, though, so I know I'll be better in no time. He does anything and everything for me. I'm one lucky girl.

3 comments:

cndygrl2210 said...

you poor thing! i'm so sorry if i had anything to do with it :( hope you feel better very very soon.... i love you! you are in good hands :)

JLHesse said...

Get better soon, friend! It does sound like you have an excellent "doctor." :-)

Anonymous said...

I hate being sick more than anything in the world, even if I have good care. I hope you are feeling better real soon and back flying in the air!